On Thursday, we'll have a catch up/clarifying/discussion class before we head into the 8th circle of Hell.
1. Silent reading/Article of the week - read your own book, or the article below:
These are the last cantos of circle 7 - add to the chart you were given last class. You can use the virtual tour of Hell to help you.
3. Double Entry Journal - questions for consideration:
Canto 15: Brunetto Latini
- What is sodomy? How does it apply to today's society? Do you agree/disagree? Why?
- What does it mean to be violent against God?
- Is the punishment for Sodomy fitting? Why/why not? Explain.
Canto 16: The Violent Against Nature (continued)
- Is homosexuality a sin?
- Think back over the journey so far. What "powers" does Virgil have?
Canto 17: Geryon
- Who was Geryon? Why is he an appropriate guard for these sinners?
- What is fraud? Can you think of any modern day examples of fraud?
- What is usury? Can you think of any modern day examples of usury?