To help with the chart and your own understandings click here! It's a virtual tour of Hell!
As well, as usual, you have your Double Entry Journal. Suggested questions below.
Circle 7: The Violent
Canto 12: The Minotaur and the River of Blood
- What is the Minotaur, and why is it an appropriate guard here?
- What are Centaurs, and what role do they play in this canto? Why are they appropriate guards for this Circle?
- Do you know of any people who are especially violent toward other people?
Canto 13: The Suicides
- Describe the place (setting) where the suicides reside.
- Why do you think this punishment is appropriate for these sinners?
Canto 14: The Desert with Falling Flames
- Describe the place (setting) where the Blasphemers, Usurers, and Sodomites are punished.
- Why is the punishment given to the Blasphemers and the Usurers fitting?
- Do you know of any famous Blasphemers or Greedy Moneylenders?