1. Re-read Canto 1 and 2.
2. Questions for your double entry journal (left column); Answer them in the left column.
1. Explain the first 12 lines. What does Dante say? What do we learn? (Hint: 3 things)
2. Dante attempts to climb the hill to the light, but three beasts keep him from reaching the light. What do you think each beast represents? Why can't he climb the hill?
1. Dante must endure a journey that he compares to a battle. Why do you think he makes this comparison? (Inferno Canto 2; line 3-5)
2. Explain who the three heavenly women and are why they might be concerned about Dante.
Are you brave enough to enter Hell on your own?
Preview the text: please read Cantos 3 and 4 and bring questions to Monday's class.